Hi! Thanks for visiting Quiet Mind Fibers.
If you’ve been here before, welcome back! If you’re new to my blog, thanks so much for checking it out!
I’d like to just give a short introduction of this blog and who runs it (aka: me!)
My name is Kristin Petersen and Quiet Mind Fibers is my small corner of the internet; it’s a place where I write about attaining mindfulness through my art (no -s) and my craft (no -s). I’m a lot of things. I’m a painter, crocheter, knitter, dog-mom, fiance, a daughter, reader, runner, and future teacher just to name a few. But mostly, I’m human. Like I assume many people have done, I started this blogging thing with no real idea of what I wanted it to be. Just a digital bucket where I could keep my ideas whenever they decided to come out and play. Recently, I realized that I gave up on writing out of fear of rejection or worse, being ignored (GASP!). After reading a very thought-provoking book, Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert , I realized that I don’t have to be accepted by hundreds of followers or even to followers to find enjoyment in writing. Sure, it helps if people read what you write, but it’s not why I started and shouldn’t keep me from starting again.
So here I am, world! Judge me if you wish, but I’m here to stay! On that note, here are some very true, fun things about me:
- I love Marvel movies, although, I don’t have a favorite superhero.
- I have 2 dogs that keep me teetering on the line of sanity 24/7.
- I’m getting married (EEK!) in December to my best friend in the whole world and I am over the moon excited!
- The movie I know the most lines of by heart is Finding Nemo (I’m also a BIG Pixar movie fan).
- I’ve moved around a lot. I’ve lived in California, Alabama, Texas, and Tennessee. I look forward to moving. I like the change. I’m not necessarily a nomad, but I enjoy the adventure moving frequently can bring.
- I hate to exercise but I love to wear athletic clothes.
- My favorite cuisine is Indian. The spicier the better!
- I’ve been a painting since the 9th grade (10 years or so), taking time off during college and during the last few years since I’ve been focused on getting my certificate to teach. I’m definitely not a professional, but I’ve sold a few pieces, which is pretty cool.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Art History. Going to Italy fresh out of high school had a big impact of me; so much so that I was once convinced that I’d be the curator of a museum. French Impressionism and Indian Art are my two favorites to learn about. Truthfully, I think learning so much about art from around the world really gave me a better understanding of how the world works and how it has worked for hundreds of years. You can tell a lot about a culture through the art it leaves behind.
- I truly think that the best way to find yourself is through spending time in nature. I think back to all the time I’ve spent outdoors, truly IN the outdoors, and it was always enlightening. Almost spiritual.
So there are some things about me. Hopefully that gives you a better idea of the person behind QMF.
Now, to re-introduce QMF. Beyond all that I just listed, I love to crochet and knit. I’ve been crocheting for about 4 years or so, and I’ve just recently (within the past year) picked up knitting in a serious way.
My original intention behind Quiet Mind Fibers was to create a blog where I could unleash some of my creativity in writing regardless of who could or would even read it. I wanted a place to unload my thoughts and possibly grow it to be a place to publish my own patterns. I’d like to include some of those things eventually, but honestly, I just enjoy writing. So that’s what I’m going to use QMF for now. I’m going to let go of the desire to be a blogger and I’m going to use this as a more-than-just-fiber-diary, so to speak; to unleash some of the ideas I have and just get them out there.
Thanks for stopping by. And don’t forget, we’re all in this together, be kind to one another.